This information will help you enter
your order quickly and ensure the sales office has everything they need to
process your order in a timely manner. Orders placed more than a month in advance may take some additional time to review. Please follow up if you do not hear back with approval two weeks prior to your event.
You may also use the following form to submit your order directly to the catering sales office via email:
1. Date and location- All events in the Bowen Thompson Student Union and Olscamp must be booked through the Conference and Event Services Office at 419-372-9000. All events that take place on main campus MUST use BGSU Catering for any and all food needs.
2. All outdoor events will need an alternate rain site location. Use of back-up location must be determined at least 24 hours before your event start time.
3. Know your approximate number of guests.
4. Know your event details- Start and end time, agenda, and menu details, and billing information. In order to ensure a successful event and so that we may facilitate proper service, please provide an agenda for your event as soon as possible.
5. Your start time on the catering request form or contract tells us when you want your meal/event to start. We require access to the location a minimum of one (1) hour before the start time; sometimes longer depending on size and scope of the event.
6. Linen is provided for guest tables with classic buffets and served meals along with any linen needed for the food service areas. Please provide us with your room set-up at time of ordering in order for us to order the correct linens to fit your room needs. Your choice of disposable or china service-ware is available with all offerings at no additional charge.
7. Please select ONE primary contact person to serve as a liaison between your group and the Catering department. This makes the planning process much easier and helps to set your group up for a successful event.
Catering reserves the right to make discretionary decisions in regards to the services we provide in order to optimize service and mitigate risk. All requests for services are carefully considered before approval or denial.